Riley recently began attending public school, she is in a kindergarten class. Her most recent, "I'm a Big Girl" step has been to ride the bus. She also has several tales coming home about classroom events.
Bus Stories
This past Friday:
According to my friend Jamey (who meets Riley when she gets off the bus) there was an incident on the bus Friday afternoon. My conversation with Riley went as follows:
Me: Riley tell me what happened on the bus Friday.
Riley: Oh, there was this boy sitting on the seat next to me and Joseph. He was screaming at us like this (she then makes growling noises).
Me: Really? He growled?
Riley: Yeah just like this... (she made the noises again with a contorted face to emphasize the noise)
Me: Oh, what happened?
Riley: The bus driver yelled at him and stopped the bus. He had to go sit with his big sister.
Today:
Riley: Hey mom, you remember the growling boy from the bus?
Me: Yes.
Riley: I saw him in the gym today and I said, "Hey Rocky, do you remember me? You growled at me on the bus." He said that he remembered me and that I am 20 years old and he is 9. Strange.
Classroom Stories:
Riley switched teachers today. She is with a more seasoned teacher who works better with different level students. Her previous teacher was new to teaching and was struggling with having "the middle school GT teacher's" kid was apparently stressful for her, soooo that along with several other factors led to Riley's big move today.
The First Day with a New Class
Friends
Me: Riley, how was your new class today? Did you make any new friends?
Riley: Loud, there is this loud boy in our class. Yes, I made two new friends, but I don't think I am going to keep one.
Me: Why?
Riley: Well this girl came up to me and said that she wanted to be my friend and I could be the boss of her... but she just talks your ear off. She also put glue all over everybody's chairs today. UCK!
Mrs. B
Riley: Hey Daddy, Mrs B said she doesn't care if you miss the bus.
Tim: You mean she says if you are late in the morning ?
Riley: No..
Me: Do you mean she wants you to sit and be quiet and if you take forever and miss the bus she doesn't care?
Riley: Yeah that one. Can you believe it? She means business.
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment