Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Flat 4th of July

Because of this....
The sadness of our grass.



There was  none of this...
July 4 2010


So I tried to make it special in a different way.  I made Fourth of July Patriotic French Toast from the Pioneer Woman.



fresh french bread 
 This french toast is a little different.  It has fresh lemon zest in the batter.  MMMmmmmmm good.

Soak it good.


Put it on a griddle with butter of course.

Berry Butter
www.thepioneerwoman.com

add fresh berry butter.


And there you have it.  It was awesome.  We have also topped Thomas English muffins with the berry butter.  To die for!!!

What would the 4th be without hot dogs?


My friend Sarah and friends came over for the afternoon.  We had a great time cooking out and making fajitas.  I have to say thank you to my sister-in-law Jill for her marinade recipe. 



It is a bit messy I won't lie.
Put it on this cheap $3 piece of meat and voila... tender deliciousness.




I'm getting better at the grilling thing.  I have added corn on the grill to my new skills as well.


We topped the night off with the Boston Pops concert and fireworks display on TV.  Thus our flat 4th.  

No comments: