Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Broken

Last Thursday something I never thought would happen to us did... I recieved a call from our family friend Amy that Riley had an accident during her gymnastics class and hurt her arm. I thought that maybe it would be sprain... I was so off. I met Amy at Chic Fil A and traded children(Natalie went with her to soccer practice and I picked up the wounded child). When I saw her she cried a little bit and then stopped. Her arm was splinted with a People Magazine, ice packs, and sports tape. I asked if her is she heard a snap... no. "Can you move your fingers?Yes." I opened the splint and her arm was bowed. It was so gross. My mom looked at her and said, "Riley... I'm going to be up front with you. Your arm is broken." She stopped crying and said ok lets go to the hospital.


Here she is in triage waiting to be seen....

The arm going into x ray....

Here is the x ray they first showed me... I thought it was not that bad...

Then they showed me this one....

It took them 3 hours to set her arm... with a temporary cast and spacers we are getting ready to go back to the pediatric orthopedic Dr. in the morning. Will let you know what color she picks.





1 comment:

Richard Escobedo said...

Eeeeew. BUT -- a kid on JV last year broke his ankle. Now THAT was a nasty picture.