Sunday, April 06, 2008

Painters, Garage Done!, and Cowgirls...

As many of you know, Tim has been working hard on reorganizing our garage to make room for necessary storage. WELL...this weekend he finished. Below are pictures of his great accomplishment. He still has some tweaking to do...


This is the loft(pictured above) with all our stuff from the storage unit. We purged of course. Pictured below is Tim's little shop area he worked on.

We are still trying to purge some stuff on this side if you can't tell.

And he hung peg board to store all my wreaths. What a sweetie!

Natalie was so worn out by the day that even after I woke her up from her 2 1/2 hour nap, she curled up on the bottom stair and went back to sleep for another 20 minutes.


The Painters.

Okay, so I got some of the area painters to do some side work. FOR DIRT CHEAP!!! Not a one spoke English. I had to get the Spanish teacher at my school to call them for me. The extent of my conversations with them went as follows:
Me: Que dinero paint cielo blanco? (as you can see Spanish is not a language I speak or spell)
Painter: Ehh?
ME: I walk through the house pointing at the ceilings I want painted white.
Painter: Oh (Ricky Ricardo rambling Spanish) ya ya ya. No Problem.

Here is the living room all covered in plastic. We were banished to the outdoors all day.

Watching this just made me nervous. Tim stayed in the garage the whole time. I think he would have died to see them balancing over his TV.

This guy was up on the top of a very tall ladder cutting in.

This is how they cut in around the ceiling fan, 20 something feet in the air. That is a paint brush taped to a long pole.

And here you can see the guy doing the cutting in with their little gizmo.


Needless to say the rooms look great. They painted the ceiling in the living room, above the stairs, the upstairs hallway, and the playroom. And it was all including the paint.

THE COWGIRLS...

Riley has not been involved in any extra curricular activities all year. When we moved we did not find a dance studio that was convenient and Riley has been saying she wants to learn to ride horses, western pleasure. I rode English Hunter Jumper. Here she is at her first lesson. We drive all the way to Boerne (about 1 hour) and then out into the country. She has a 1 hour lesson that includes care of the horse and riding instruction. She rode "Co-cheece" (I am spelling phonetically) for her first lesson and Cruiser for her second lesson.


Here she is on Cruiser. Notice the stirrups are on the highest notch and her legs are still not long enough.

Natalie went with us and loved seeing all the horses.


She especially liked getting a turn to ride!


Riley's most proud moment of her lesson... walking the horse back by herself!


Natalie felt the need to get in on things and help out. She is fearless.

Here is Riley with Ms. Laurie going out for her first lesson.

Learning how to get on using a mounting block. BTW... I didn't get to use one of those when I learned at age 4. I had to step into someones hand.
In the saddle.
Riding the barrell race lines and learning how to walk.




No comments: