We searched and we searched. I looked on
craigslist.com. I looked at Pottery Barn, Costco, even
Walmart. No luck. Where can you find an bed for a child that is not $400 for the frame only? Thrift shops, resale shops? Not much luck- everybody loves their stuff and I was determined to stay under a reasonable amount of money. Finally, yesterday evening when we were all spent we found a store called "Better Homes and Bargains." You could barely move through the store. It was tight enough that I went to the front desk to see if they had any twin beds to save the time of searching the various rooms and piles. Asking paid off.... we found this buried in a back room.

This antique iron twin bed with the rails!!!! It is in wonderful condition and was in our price range of being reasonable. Hurray!!

Natalie loves her bed and it beats having the mattress and box springs lay on the floor. Today we need to get slats, since the frame is wider than the box spring. She even pretended to go to sleep so I could take her picture.

New Rule: No jumping on the bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment