Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Conversing with Natalie

"Mommy, you hop?"
"You mean hop on one foot?"
"Yes, you hop on foot?"
"Yes, I can hop on one foot. (I demonstrate to her) ... Can you hop on one foot?"
"No, I too little."
"Well, you can try. I will help you."
"NO! Mommy, I said, I too little."

5 minutes later

"Mommy, I need go to the hospital."
"Why Natalie?"
"Cause I sick. Riley hit me on head. I need go to hospital real bad Mommy."

In the car on the way to school.
"Mommy, I sick. I need go to the hospital."
"Natalie, you are not sick. Why do you want to go to the hospital? Do you think Daddy is there?"
"Yes, my Daddy at hospital."
Riley chimes in, "Natalie, I told you Daddy is at work not the hospital."
"Oh, okay then I go to school today... Mommy, I gonna be bad today."

Our hands are full- need I say more.

No comments: